WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small files that your browser downloads when you visit www.mmuk.shop. The computer automatically recognizes and supports these files through the browser you are using.
These files can be likened to “bookmarks” that indicate what information did you see last time you were visiting the site. They can also be seen as an identifier that announces the website every time you go back to www.mmuk.shop
Cookies are not dangerous. The computer stores them in its memory, but they cannot access or read information stored on the computer. You can expand or limit the cookie usage parameters of the browser you use to browse the Internet.
ARE COOKIES USEFUL?
Cookies improve the upload speed and the browsing experience. For example, they retain your preferences when you browse a website, such as the language in which you want to display the content.
Cookies do not require personal information to be used and, in most cases, do not identify the Internet user’s person.
FOR HOW LONG COOKIES ARE STORED?
The length of time a cookie is stored varies depending on the goal with which it is placed. Session cookies are used for a single browsing session, they are only retained during the visit and are not stored after the user leaves the website. Permanent cookies are used when the user returns to the site.
You can delete all these cookies at any time via the browser settings you use for browsing.
HOW COOKIES ARE USED BY THIS SITE?
A visit to this site may place cookies for purposes of:
- Site performance cookies
- Visitor analysis cookies
- Cookies for geotargetting
- Cookies for advertising
- Advertiser cookies
SITE PERFORMANCE COOKIES
This type of cookie retains the user’s preferences on this site, so they no longer need to be set on every site visit.
- Volume settings for the video player
- Streaming video speed with which your browser is compatible
COOKIES FOR VISITORS ANALYSIS
Whenever a user visits this site, third-party analytics software generates a user’s analysis cookie. This cookie tells us if you have visited this site so far. The browser will tell us if you have this cookie, and if not, we will generate one. It allows the monitoring of the unique users who visit us and how often they do it.
As long as you are not registered on this site, this cookie cannot be used to identify individuals, they are used for statistical purposes only.
COOKIES FOR GEOTARGETTING
These cookies are used by software that determines where you come from. It is completely anonymous and is only used to target the content – even when you are on our page in Romanian or in another language you receive the same advertisement.
COOKIES FOR ADVERTISING
These cookies let us know whether or not you’ve seen an online ad, what its type is, and how long it has been since you saw the ad message.
These cookies are also used to target online advertising. We may also use 3rd-party cookies for better advertising targeting, for example, showing holiday ads if the user has recently visited an article on holidays. These cookies are anonymous; they store information about the viewed content, not the users.
We also set up anonymous cookies through other sites that we advertise. By accepting them, we can use them to recognize you as a visitor to that site if you later visit our site, we will be able to deliver advertising based on this information.
COOKIES OF ADVERTISING SUPPLIERS
You may find advertising on this site belonging to third parties. Some of these parties use their own anonymous cookies to analyze how many people have been exposed to an ad, or to see how many people have been exposed multiple times to the same ad.
The companies that generate these cookies have their own privacy policies and this site does not have access to read or write these cookies. Third-party cookies can be used to show your target advertising on other sites, based on your browsing on this site.
OTHER COOKIES OF THIRD PARTIES
On some pages, third parties can set their own anonymous cookies in order to track the success of an application or customize an application. Because of its use, this site cannot access these cookies, just as third parties cannot access cookies owned by this site.
For example, when you share an article using the social network button on this site, that social network will record your activity.
HOW TO STOP / ERASE COOKIES?
Depending on the browser you are using, follow the steps below to determine how you want cookies to be used.
IN THE CHROME BROWSER:
- In the upper-right corner, click the Chrome menu> Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on “Show advanced settings”.
- In the “Privacy” section, click the “Content settings” button.
- In the “Cookies” section, choose your preferred settings.
- To clear cookies, click “All cookies and site data …” to see the list of all these files that Chrome has stored on your hard drive. You can delete them individually or all directly if you select “Remove All.”
IN THE MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER:
- Click on the menu button and choose “Preferences”.
- Select “Privacy” in the side menu.
- From the “History” combo, choose “Use custom settings for history”.
- Select “Accept cookies from sites” to allow cookies or deselect to prevent them from being used.
- To clear cookies, click on “Show Cookies …” and a new window opens, where you can select and delete one or more cookies at the same time.
IN THE EXPLORER INTERNET BROWSER 11
- Select the top right of the browser, then choose Internet Options.
- Click the “Privacy” tab and select “Advanced”.
- Choose “Accept / Block / Prompt” for “First-party Cookies” and “Third-party cookies”. If you want, you can also check “Always allow session cookies”. Press OK after changing the settings.
- To clear all cookies, choose the “General” tab in “Internet Options” and click on “Delete …” in the “Browsing History” tab. Check “Cookies and Website Data” and click Delete.